Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Proud to be Selfish!?

Being selfish is relative...and lately, I have been relatively selfish. It's like this fine line! But isn't that how life is...full of fine lines?

I think the lines are so fine because of what is relative. I was reading in this book, "The Blessing of a Skinned Knee," and I found a resounding comment. I'm going off the top of my head so bear with me...in one instance we (as individuals) are very special...unique...and on the other hand we are but a speck of dust.

This also brings me to one of my college courses where my instructor commented on how sometimes you have to take "give and take marbles" from children. I know it might be confusing, but the whole point is "checks and balances."

Sometimes we think too little of ourselves and sometimes we think too much of ourselves...and well the selfish I am proud to indulge in is thinking a little more of myself because I have had far too long for thinking too little of myself. Thing is...oft times nobody but you knows this, so you come off as cruel...so you have to trust they'll see in time.

But it's the fine lines that keep us humble...and humility is the key to so much!

So yes, I am proud to be selfish. What about you?

No comments: